Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A little lesson on Murphy's Law

this week started off normal as usual. nothing too exciting. we had zone conferences this week and I learned a lot of things I can apply to myself to become a better missionary. On Saturday we had a Bi-Stake 'Helping Hands' service project. We went to a underprivileged subdivision/trailer park and cleaned up and did some repairs and did some heavy duty lawn work. It was a ton of fun but really weird because we all had normal clothes on for the majority of the day.

Mormon Helping Hands Transform Colonia Conditions link HERE

The package that my family sent came and as I opened it I was greeted by a friendly cloud of cocoa! half of the packets opened up and exploded in the box. So I spent the next few minutes cleaning everything off. I didnt realize how much of a pain cocoa powder is to clean up. its so fine and gets everywhere!


now for a little lesson of murphy's law. Murphy's law states that anything that could go wrong does. well it all started yesterday morning. I woke up with a very sore throat (im hoping its PND and not strep) which doesnt sound bad but i was asked to sing in a trio during relief society. then as we cam home from church and headed out, i was remembered that my bike broke down the night before so i had to fix that. then after fixing my bike and going out, we were ready to head to another appointment and a screw fell off of a major part of the bike, so i had to carry it to a members house so we could go home. (like from our house to the vissers, or blacks) and then it started to rain...it was a day of wrongs but i think it was also a time god wanted to see how i would react to these things.

oh and i forgot to mention, in the past 2 weeks i've had to use my gift of music. not playing the piano, but singing. I have sung 1 solo, and 2 a capella trios which i have sung the lead. its been fun and have been able to share the gospel through music.

love you and thanks for writing me every week!

ps. no more cocoa in future boxes unless they are sent in something other container.




No comments:

Post a Comment