Thursday, April 14, 2011

Elder, puedes tocar el piano?......pues......

Well hello family, friends, and people of the web,

Its been a busy week here in Fresnos 2, not much to report but we've been working like dogs. Hopefully all this work will pay off. unfortunately it has only gotten hotter. we reached a whopping 40 degrees celsius which is about 104 in fahrenheit. Its a little uncomfortable to walk ALL day in pants and tie when its triple digits in the temperature. but i´m not complaining, it could be worse I'm just simple stating that its a little on the hotter side here, the best part is that its only going to get hotter. Woooo Hooooo!

so time to tell the story of the week. so yesterday at church as people were arriving one sister asked me if i could play the piano, i kindly explained to her that i can play the piano, HOWEVER i can not read notes, i explained that i can only play by ear. well....she assumed that once in my childhood i learned hymns on the piano and ALL HYMNS were somewhere in my memory banks, so she insisted that i practiced. I simply and kindly assured her that it wouldn't be able to play the hymns but she insisted, a little angry now, that i practice. well as i was practicing i realized that i have never heard or sang the chosen hymns but i kept ¨practicing¨ . as i was deep in concentration, i heard the bishop say...¨good morning brothers and sisters, we welcome you on this wonder Sunday morning...¨ i found myself at the piano on this ¨wonder Sunday morning¨ still not knowing how to play the selected hymns. well this is what happened. i struggled through the first hymn, didn't play the second and then the 2nd counselor asked me to take my seat and they would have someone else play the closing hymn.....

i haven't been embarrassed in a long time, but i can confidently say that i was pretty darn embarrassed.

what have i learned from this experience
1)When asked if i can play the piano, the answer is NO!
2)I will be learning how to read music here in Mexico so that this never happens again

Not much else gang. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your lovely spring weather.

Elder Browning

pics:
1 we had a missionary activity with the young men of the stake, this is me with adán (adam) y Aaron sierra from my ward with my Compa Elder Luargas


2. One Sunday morning


3. my generation (o sea the missionaries that will end with me) Elder Cardenas de peru, Yo, Elder Pablo del DF, Elder Avila de Sonora


ps. i´m 21 next week.....what??

No comments:

Post a Comment