Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference Weekend is the BOMB in the Mission Field

Not a whole ton to report this week...other that yesterday started my BIRTH MONTH!!! GET EXCITED! Presents all day everyday....I can dream can't I?

And what a better way to start my birth month than by listening to the Prophet and Apostles at General Conference. I'm not quite sure what it is but I love Conference. I love going to ALL five sessions and strangely I love going to church for it and being in a suit all day. I learned many things at Conference and I cant wait to put them into practice here in the field and when I get home.

Link to General Conference HERE

So I do have some exciting news, one of the investigators we have been teaching just recently obtained their birth certificates and now can get a marriage license so they can get married and baptized. Get Excited!

Its still getting hotter and hotter and sadly more humid too. I am so glad I will only have to experience one Summer here in South Texas.

OH! I forgot about the CRAZY storm we had on Thursday! In Edingburg (where we live) we just got torrential downpour, like a chicagoan rain storm, but in McAllen they got crazy winds, hail and rain and flooding. It destroyed the subdivision of the Mission Home, so friday morning we were helping to clean up the mess. It was weird seeing the Mission Home with out any windows nor leaves on the tress or bushes and to see 2 feet of the golf ball sized hail which looked liked snow. Crazy day and Crazy storm. But all is well and we are all safe.

Love You,

Elder Browning
200 West LaVista Avenue
McAllen, TX  78501



No comments:

Post a Comment