Friday, December 25, 2009

Feliz Navidad, Prosperos Anos y Felecidad

So I feel that I have finally reached that age where I've grown out of the Christmas "Magic." I think it was a combination of my family not being big celebrators of the holiday (which I am totally ok with) and the fact that when you live in Branson, MO Christmas starts on the 1st of November, and by the time Christmas is finally comes you're sick of it.

This has also been the first year where I haven't had a "lady friend" for the holiday season, and I haven't been caught up in the hustle and bustle of finding the "perfect" gift.

With all my free time I have had time to realize the TRUE meaning of Christmas and the reason why we all celebrate this time of year. I know you have all heard it before but...for me, Christmas is a special time. It is one of the only days in the entire year where we spend all day as a family and I am truly grateful for that. After living away from home for the past 7 months I realized how much I took my family for granted. This will be the last Christmas I will share with my family before I go on my mission. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this day. From breakfast to going to the movie theater and finally...having dinner at the Malley-Cats. It was a very eventful and pleasant day. I love them very much and am so grateful to have them in my life.

And what would Christmas be without remembering the birth of our Savior. Without him Christmas would just be Mas haha But on a serious note, without the birth of Jesus none of us would be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father. And for that I am eternally grateful.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

-Kyestopher


No comments:

Post a Comment