Monday, February 22, 2010

Manic Music Monday : Nick Jonas and the Administration


Yes, I know what you are thinking. Nick Jonas? The same Nick Jonas from the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers? The answer is Yes! For those who don't know, Nick has decided to work on a side project called "Nick Jonas and the Administration." Again, I know what your thinking, and NO the Jonas Brothers have not broken up or stopped creating music. From what I'm told and have heard Nick has just decided to express himself more as an individual. The CD, Who I Am, itself is remarkable. I've always wondered what would just one of the Jonas Brothers sound like and now my question is answered. I have come to learn that its hard for artist to create their own "sound", per-say, but easy to take someone else's "sound" and add their own flare to it. Nick has done the same. The easiest and closest artist I can compare him to is John Mayer. But if you have no interest in John Mayer I still encourage you to just look into or listen to just a few of his songs. It somewhat has the innocence of the Jonas Brothers, yet grown up and more meaningful at the same time. I was actually really surprised to learn that Nick wrote or co-wrote every song on the album. Another awesome thing to note is that "The Administration" is made of most of the members of Prince's band in the 90's "New Power Generation." Again, if you have no interest in Prince, check this band out anyways. If your looking for a new aged bluesy-rock, Nick Jonas and the Administration won't let you down.

Happy Listening and see you next Monday!

-Kye

1 comment:

  1. "I've always wondered what would just one of the Jonas Brothers sound like.." Really? You have too much time on your hands. :) How's that for a comment?

    ReplyDelete