Monday, March 8, 2010

MULTI-Manic Music Monday!!

Totally forgot/didn't have a computer for last week's Manic Music Monday so I have decided to do a Double-Feature. These are also two groups I have meet.

1.) Truman
Among my many travels and adventures this past year I had the opportunity to meet and hang with the Truman Brothers. They are the sons of the keyboardist from Diamond Rio and are friends with the Lowes (my friends). They sound very much like Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5. Very catchy lyrics and "feel good" jazzy chord progression. I saw them in St. Louis playing in a College circuit. We meet before the concert to have dinner and hang out. It has been awhile since the Lowes have seen them so there was alot of catching up and joking around. I also had the opportunity to be Truman's "sound guy" because the venues guys dissappeared at mic checks so they asked me. Eventhough I am a little biased to these guys, they are definitely someone to consider listening to.

2.)This World Fair

I meet Chris Kalgren on the Blue Line heading towards O'Hare. After looking at apartments all afternoon I decided to call it quits and go home. On the subway ride back to the train station a guy asked me how to get to the airport. This "guy" had a guitar and being a musician myself inquired a little bit about himself and his music-ology. He said he was from Minnesota and was playing with a band that used the same keyboard that he does and was from the MN area. One thing lead to the next and he told me more about is musical past and that was that. I got off and when on my way. When I got home that day I did some investigating on my new friend and found out that his band wrote a song for the movie Disturbia featuring Shia LaBeouf. After to movie, they went their seperate was but Chris continued with TWF. Since then Chris has put out two albulms and is now working on a third. His music is so influential and just seems to put you in the mood for anything. He has a acoustic sound that is hard to compare with anyone else. Again, Chris is someone to check out to open your musical horizons.

I promise that these to groups won't disappoint you.

Till next week, Happy Listening!

-Kye

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you want me to give any of these bands a chance, you have GOT to stop comparing them to John Mayer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh good choices Kye!! Hey...if you have free time and aren't gonna judge my lack of creativity and incredible lack of ability to be funny, you should check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete