Monday, March 22, 2010

Manic Music Monday : Jack Johnson

Yes, I am aware that I missed last weeks 3M, in my defense, I was heavily medicated and not exactly all there.
Anyways, This weeks 3M features a classic in my books, Jack Johnson. He's been around awhile and has put out a number of albums, his latest being "Sleep Through the Static" I have been listening to Mr. Johnson A TON lately, solely because at the moment I only have his CDs in my car. I'm not complaining by any means though. Listening to him so much and for so long has opened up again the acousticism within me. This Hawaiian native is easiest to describe as an acoustic artist. His riffs and percussion-like strum patterns will have you hooked within the first couple of his songs. Songs to listen to : "Taylor," "Upside Down," "Banana Pancakes," "Drink the Water," "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" and my favorite "Better Together." I will have to thank my cousin Nekane, for introducing/letting me steal the music on her computer. I have been very much influenced by Jack and his music and am proud to say that I am the musician I am because of Jack.



Hope you enjoyed this weeks installment of Manic Music Monday. Till next week...

Kye

No comments:

Post a Comment