Monday, March 29, 2010

Manic Music Monday : Nada Surf

This week I have to give a BIG thanks and Shout Out to Tayzor Sparks. This past week we have been sending emails back and forth, to and fro, and ended up with a pretty decent song. (Little background: As part of Taylor's New Year's resolution, he writes a new song every week and posts it on Sunday) So...this past week we collaborated or skills and talent qver the inter-web and ended up with a product we are both satisfied with. The song will be posted on Taylor Page, beauty and the geek, on April 11th. Keep your ears and eyes open.

But anyways, back the Music Manic-ness. This week's 3M artist is one recommended to me awhile ago by Mr. Sparks himself, but I haven't done a ton a listening until recently and its fits perfectly in the mood I've been in. The artist this week is Nada Surf.

Nada Surf is very Indie Chill, at the very least. If Death Cab for Cutie, The Shins, Sufjan Stevens, Katie Melua, Kalai, This World Fair, Wilco and Modest Mouse had a mutant musical baby, Nada Surf would be the mutant baby offspring. (ps. If you don't know who any of the other artist named previous, they're definitely worth looking into) Again, I haven't listen to them a ton, but from what I have listened to I find them extremely good. They have kind of been on and off the music map lately producing only 5 LPs (albums) in the past 12 years. I'm hoping that they will have some new material produced when I get back from my mission.

That about wraps it up, thanks again, Taylor, for the recommendation. Also look for "Digitalis" on April 11th.

Till next week, Stay Fly.

-Kye

1 comment:

  1. my fav nada surf song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmjCQQc_PA&feature=related

    and Jodi's favorite:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydIZv6o_soA

    ReplyDelete