Monday, May 3, 2010

Manic Music Monday : The Almost

Keeping with the "punk/rock" genre this weeks 3M artist is The Almost.

I discovered The Almost, a couple years back. Back in the day, I used to watch music videos for hours on end. Now that MTv and Fuse no longer play music videos anymore, I don't watch them. (sad I know) Anyways, I say their music video for "Say This Sooner" and I was hooked!


The Almost, originally was a solo project branched from Underoath drummer, Aaron Gillespie. The solo project was a chance to show listeners Aaron's unscreamo side. He released his first full length album, "Southern Weather," which was strongly influenced by Louisiana Delta Blues. He has just recently released his second LP, "Monster Monster," which I may say is just a good as the first. It has a softer side to it then other his other albums, that he attributes to finding himself and finding God.

Great songs and lyrics, great meaning and music. Hope you have a chance to check him out!

Till next week...

-Kye

ps. this is where I got the quote that is on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment