Monday, March 18, 2013

In the Streets of Laredo

o to first explain a little about the title, the senior couple that live below us one day this week came up and handed me a piano and asked me to play a song for zone conference called "the streets of Laredo" so I agreed and it turned out to be one of the funniest things i have seen on this side of the Mississippi! the senior sister dressed up in a riduculous cowboy (well girl in her case) costume and she went around singing and getting everyoneelse to sing and she "shot" people and stab people with her tin foil knife...it was pretty humoruos.
 
but that wasn't the only musical experience i had this week, it was zone conference this week and when when there is zone conference there is musical numbers....so guess who had the privileged to participate in another musical number? this kid but this time it was probably one the best one yet and coolest ones. This time I did a duet with a former member of the MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR that's right THE MOTAB! so take that all of yous that made fun of me singing or playing music....I had the chops to sing a duet with the MOTAB! but really, its was super cool!
 
other than that not a lot has happened. the days keep flying by as hard as i try to hold onto them or slow them down. It was super sad this week because i had to give my departing testimony at zone conference and it just made me realize how little time i have left! yesterday i realized that i can count the number of sundays i have left in the mission field on 1 hand :( its such a bitter sweet feeling, but for right now we are going to keep working our tails off. I know this message is true and that it changes peoples lives. I have had the wonderful opportunity to be able to be among the people here in Laredo. They have changed my life and I hope that i have been able to change thiers. 
 
I love you
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment