Monday, April 1, 2013

You're Invited......

....to my month long BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! That's right it's that time of year again where Elder Browning turns one year older. I'm going to hit the big 23 this year....that just means that I'm SUPER OLD! at least in my eyes and all the other missionaries' eyes, especially all those whipper snapper 18 and 19 year olds. But who cares....I had a picture of me by our mail box and i was going to tell you that I would be waiting here everyday till I go home but my camera wasn't working so I'll send it next week.


this week has finally we have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. we had a super rough week last week and this week was about the same. we have really been struggling to find people to teach and then to find them again after the first lesson. we have been praying and fasting to do the Lord's will and then the miracle happened. We had talked with a memeber to go out and visit her and her family after church....while at church she told us that she would not be there, but previously we had made plans to work with one of the other members that live out there....in Las Lomas about 22 miles from Laredo. we asked if we could still come out and visit him and he told us that he actually had a family he wanted us to meet. So we meet him and followed him another 10-15 minutes out after making our 30 minute trip already and we pull into this super run down house.....we walk up start to introduce ourselves and do the whole bit and then we ask....so how many kids do you have....we see that there were a lot running around and playing and they said 9! that's ALOT and then you have the 2 parents and the grandma that lives with them....and their not a hispanic family.....9 of the 12 are of baptismal age and the 9 of them accepted to be baptized the 28th of April! this truly was a blessing and a miracle from our Heavenly Father. This was truly a trying few weeks but the Lord is always faithful to his faithful servants. I am so glad that among everything else that is going on here that we stayed diligent and faithful and worthy to receive this blessing. I am so gratefull that we have a loving Heavenly Father that listens and answers our prayers. I am also grateful for the Atonement and the changes that it allowed me to make in my life to that I could finish serving the Lord and find this beautiful family. I know that this is the work of the Lord and he needs now, more than ever, ALL HANDS ON DECK.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment