Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Supposed to Be Manic Music Monday but....

My computer has worms and needed to be rebuilt, and Shoeduck was nice enough to let me use hers while mine is getting fixed. So starting now, I thought that this would be something fun to do to give me a little insentive to Blog at least once a week. What I plan on doing is picking a personal music favorite (new, old, favorite, local) and sharing it with you all. Usually it would be done on mondays but do to unseen circumstances....it is getting done tonight. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyways......my pick this week is rock/punk/pop band Hey Monday. (I thought it was a suitable first pick for Manic Music Monday).

I discovered this band accidently one day while making deliveries for work. I pride myself on my vast music collection but admit that I don't listen to half of it lol so as I spend most of my time on the road I occasionally set my iPod on shuffle to expose myself to bands and songs I didn't know I had on my iPod.

Hey Monday caught my attention on this perticular shuffle mix. They caught my attention for many reason but the main one was that the lead singer is a female (Cassadee Pope). At first I thought it was Paramore, another band with a female lead vocalist, but relized it wasn't "heavy" enough to be them. They have a certain pop/punk sound that I enjoy listening to. They are also very easy to relate to since they are all about high school/college age.

Well, thats all I got. Optimus (my computer) is staying overnight at the Hospital to take care of his worms. New pick next week, hopefully more post before then. Vlog on Sunday/Monday from the car show. Good Night Moon.

-Kyestopher

No comments:

Post a Comment