Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home, Stay Up Late, Infamous, Celebraties, Slip n' Bleed, Cake Fight, Suprise!, Big Al, Junk Food, Shows, Long Drives and ALL IN ONE WEEK! WHAT?!?!

(WARNING : This Blog post is EXTREMELY LONG! Covering the events taken place in the last week in pretty deep detail, if you are not a fan of long post or not a fan of me, I suggest not wasting anymore time reading this....but please, please, please read it, I'm on my knees begging you...no literally I am, if you could see me you would know. Just take a sip, a lick of the post to see if it wets your whistle....If you survived this incredibly long intro then I'm sure you can survive the rest of this post...It has pictures!)

So yea.....the title says it all.

This past week I ended up going back home (as much as my family hates it, Branson is my home, sorry guys). I was planning to have a pretty laid back week. See some friends, catch a few shows and you know...relax. But as you can tell my week was far from relaxing. But I'm not complaining, it was very nice to be spontaneous again seeing that I didn't have much of a social life working at Carrier.

Where to start? I know, let me first start by apologizing for the lack of pictures, I brought my camera everywhere yet not alot of pictures were taken. I'll try to illustrate the best i can via GOOGLE images .But hang in there, there are a few 'goodies' of my own near the end..

Day 1 (Thursday) : Drive Down - 8 Hours...by now I have gotten use to the drive. Illinois is the longest 4 hours because you're driving through the flat plains. Its like driving through Nebraska or Kansas.


When I arrived in Branson, I was invited to dinner. At dinner, my friends, Brandy, Kurt, Alexsis, and Kendall, informed me that we would be attending the Midnight Premiere of Iron Man 2.


I may have mentioned it before but let me reiterate, I had to be up and ready for work by 5, work 8 hours of manual labor and then return home around 4, shower, eat and go to bed. Let me say I haven't stayed up later than 9 pm in about 4 months. Let me also say that seeing this Midnight Premiere just about KILLED ME! The movie was great, by the way.

Day 2 : MISSION CALL! WOOT WOOT! Woke up at High Noon, went to Brandy's and watched the Office and lunch, ended up falling asleep and taking a 5 hour nap. Then went to Lowe's to surprise Kara for her birthday!

Day 3 : Spent the day with Kurt and Kendall riding 4-wheelers and reeking havoc in town (not really). Then we went to Brandy's to meet up with Brandy and Alexsis to watch Avatar. Can't really remember what the movie was about because we started it at 11 and I didn't realize that it was 3 HOURS!!!!



Day 4 : Church, and Mother's Day Dinner with Big Al, Josaphine, Robert and Karen. I failed to mention that Big Al's friends came into town the same day as me, and I was neglected most of the time I was there. But this leads me to my next comment, if anyone knows Big Al then you know he sorta has his own rules on everything, going out to eat on a Sunday would be one of them since his friends were in town it was OK...wink wink.

Day 5 : I traversed my way up to Ozark for a belated birthday/mission call party with some of my YSA friends. It was such a pleasant time...having a cake fight, sliding down stairs, throwing credit cards as if they were throwing knives....good times...good times!

Day 6 : SHOWS! SHOWS! SHOWS! At 10am we went to go see my good friend and her dad Kendra and George Dyer. Great Family and absolutely great show! Then I went to lunch with Kendra and then got sucked to go see the Cat's Pajamas. Again, great show! Then I went to go visit my Warnock girls. We ended up having to run to Walmart for milk and other miscellaneous items so Rhonda and I decided to bring along her nephew Xander. He was wanting a 'treat' the entire ride and all throughout the store, so as I pushed him i would occasionally ask if he wanted blank. He said yes of course so I placed it in the cart. Rhonda gave me glares and words about all the junk food. (I had no intentions on buying all the items in the cart) As we were checking out, Xander had to pee so while they were in the bathroom I decided to surprise Xander with all the junk food in the cart, I thought....a kid's gotta live right? I did however explain that he would not be eating all the 'treats' tonight and that mommy would be in charge of them.

Day 7 : At 10 am I went to go see my good friends the Bretts at their show. No one knew I was coming, except Brihanna, so it was so funny because the rest of the family was shocked to see me in the front row. So shocked that they were out of time during their dances, forgot lyrics...the works. Good times! Later that evening I meet up with Brandy and Kurt for our Slip n' Bleed Extravaganza! You may wonder what a Slip n' Bleed is. Well let me explain, it is simply a slip n' slide, but at extremely high degrees of incline and at extremely high speeds.
Items to construct a Slip n' Bleed are as followed :
150 ft Industrial Tarp
2 Bottles of Dish Soap (Environmentally friendly, of course)
Skiing Goggles
Steep Hill
Lots and Lots of Water
and of course...
3 Idiots



I do apologize that you can't see much, it was late and dark, if you couldn't tell from the pictures. We finished the night with routine trip to IHOP, where I ordered the Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes with the Ultimate Bacon and Sausage Combo which came with 3 strips of bacon, 3 strips of sausage, 2 eggs, hash browns and blueberry cheesecake pancakes AND the Bacon, Egg Cheeseburger with french fries. You now my be asking yourself 2 questions, 1. why? and 2. did you finish it all? Why? Because I couldn't decided between the two and YES I finished it all with the exception of 2 bites, that Kurt gladly accepted.

Day 8 : The Drive Home. On the drive down , I pass a field of windmills somewhere past or around the city of Dwight, Ill. Its quite the magnificent sight. Hundreds and hundreds of windmills all and rows and perfectly aligned. Last time I drove home it was dark and this past time it was light so this is a little video of the windmills.


I'm telling you right know that the video doesn't do the marvelous sight justice, but if you couldn't see (which its hard to see) the windmill blink red at night all in unison. Soooooo cool!

Now I'm home and its time to get ready for my Mission, already I have been uber busy getting things done for my passport and visa and getting the rest of my shots.

Hope I didn't bore you all too much!

Love you all! It was so nice to see everyone again, I'll be back in a couple months!

-Kye

ps I forgot to show you why we ended up calling it the Slip n' Bleed...


Needless to say, this made for a very uncomfortable and long drive home! Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment