Monday, May 10, 2010

Manic Music Monday : Cage The Elephant

Completely forgot about 3M today until I was asking Devery if she liked any of the new bands I have posted. So thank you, Devery!



This weeks 3M artist is Cage The Elephant! This fairly new-formed band, native of the Kentucky region, has been playing iPod most of the time I have been down here in Branson. Why you ask? What a splendid question, which I shall reply with...why not? Cage the Elephant, brings a different edge and side to the rock genre. With a sound like JET yet completely their own, they give alternative a whole new sound. Their biggest hit, "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" is one of those songs that tells you how it is whilst you blare at loud volumes and lose your voice singing along (well at least I do). Not to discredit the rest of the songs on their debut self-entitled album, because the entire CD has the same loud volume and voice losing capabilities. Word has it that they will be releasing a new album later this year, so keep your ears peeled!


Enjoi! See you next Monday!

-Kye

1 comment:

  1. Love it Kye!! You're right, they do sound a lot like Jet! I liked Soil to the Sun!

    ReplyDelete