Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I LOVE CONFERENCE!!!!

I am so sad that that wonderful experience and great opportunity to hear from the prophet and his apostles is over. That weekend went by SO fast! I am so sad that it is over, another 6 months it will happen again, but that means I will be that much closer to coming home But it truly was a spiritually uplifting experience. I also enjoyed the little movies/documentaries in between session. But my mind has been blown by the new announcement of missionary age.  Missionary Age Changes   That just testifies to me that this work needs to move forward at a fast and more urgent pace.

I also had a pretty humbling experience this week as a listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. A few weeks ago we visited a family and they told us that they would like us to start teaching their neighbors but that they needed time to prepare them. As we left that night we felt inspired to go and talk with those neighbors that night, but we respected what the members had told us and we left and carried on with our business. Weeks went by and every time we were in that area we felt we should visit with the neighbors. Finally over conference weekend, we just decided to stop and introduce ourselves. The husband came out and greeted us and he told us many times in the contact that he was so grateful that we came over and that he wanted to know more. He even set up and appointment right there so that we would teach him and his family in the members home. It was AWESOME! I just cant believe we waited so long. After this experience, and a few others, I have come to better realize that I have been set apart to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost for the salvation of Heavenly Father's children.

It has been such a spiritually uplifting weekend and time at conference, its weird to see how viewpoints change as you get older, hold and have different responsibilities and come with a desire to learn and become better. I love this gospel so much and owe everything to the truth of the message it contains, without it I would not be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment