Monday, January 21, 2013

Another Monday is Here...HOLY COW!

I'm not a big fan of how fast time flies on Monday. It's already 2:30 and all we have done is go bowling and now we are writing emails. So I know you might be asking...Bowling, again?!? Yes but this time, a member took us and a few other missionaries and she taught us how to bowl. That's right you're now receiving a letter from Mr. 300! I'll send you my autograph later...but yea, so we still have a ton of stuff to do, and I don't have a ton of time to write. So I'm going to try and make it up with some pictures.
Not really sure what to write...I am in charge of another musical number...I know what you might me asking...Another musical number?!?! Yes and I am super excited...I have come to the realization that I really improved my musical knowledge and ability over the course of my mission. I can almost play any song, and I can play a few songs with both hands now....just the Bass notes for right now...but it's getting better. And to top it all off I've been asked to teach piano to one of the kids in the Spanish ward before church starts...OH BOY....not really looking forward to this one, but we'll see how it goes.
Yesterday at church, I was reminded of a very eternal truth. One of the members was giving a talk about our desires and our choices and she shared that "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem," and that is so true. I was also reminded of something I shared with my missionaries a few months ago quoting that God's work and glory is"to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I continued to share with the missionaries that if they weren't helping bring this to pass that they were not helping Heavenly Father's plan, but hindering it and that they were not living their purpose. I know ti sounds harsh but in context it wasn't and the meeting was a very spiritual experience. But it is so very true, we can't be in the middle, we have to choose a side and then stay on that side. Every day I am reminded or taught in a different way that the gospel is black and white, and it is us that unnecessarily make the grey area that doesn't and shouldn't exist. 
Welp! I think that just about sums it up for this week! We've been enjoying some lovely weather this past week and I'm hoping it stays that same. It feels like the beginning of summer in Chicago.
Love,
Mr. 300
aka Elder Browning

My toes right after surgery, yes i still have toenails and yes Dad is still the only member of the no toenails club

the Umar Family, they know Grandpa, they were in the Hyde Park ward....i think

Elder Rodriguez and I at New Years in Brownsville, he's my BFFL!

a 50 inch Pizza! no we did not eat it all we just got the left overs

this was when it was cold like 40 degrees and we went and got chinese food

Breakfast with the Bartholomews

No comments:

Post a Comment