Monday, January 28, 2013

Hola from.....LAREDO! whaa?!?!


yes you read correctly...I know write you from the great city of Laredo. I got here on Friday and everything has still been a whirlwind of action since I received telephone call on Wednesday. There was a zone leader that went home on Friday because of medical issues so all the Zone Leaders have been tossed around. It was super sad to leave because that was the longest I have every been in an area. 6 months! thats like....half a year! I made a lot of good friends and taught alot of people. Unfortunately I had to leave before Billie got baptized on Sunday but it was made up for when I got to Laredo and we had a family of 4 get baptized. So thats the suprising news and when we had interviews with President Trayner, he told me that there was a large possiblity of me ending my mission in Laredo...which makes sense since I only have 2 1/2 transfers left....thats 15 weeks. (no I'm not getting trunky, its just a little statistics).
Being here in Laredo I feel like I'm serving in Reynosa again. There are a lot of similarities to the cultures, and it makes me happy. All that needs to happen now is to have the "Tie Fast" broken so we can go digging and to have the "conch" (its a soccer field for indoor soccer) opened again and it would really feel like Mexico. My new companion is Elder Munsey...its pretty funny. We are complete opposites but I've learned a lot about patience and so I'll be taking it easy. The funny thing is that in our 3 hour car ride home from McAllen, I was trying to describe Branson but I didn't say the city and i was like....its kinda like Vegas but not as vulgar....and he was like so you mean its kinda like Branson... and I was like yea, how do you know about branson...and then we started to talk. Funny thing is that we have a mutual friend and we'll probably go to Branson after the mission.


So, side note...Laredo is a district, meaning its not a stake and all the units our branches. Usually there is a senior couple that plays the piano on sunday but she was sick, so guess who had to play piano yesterday....this kid...and gues who is getting better at piano....this kid. but we had 2 different baptismal services yesterday so I was running back and forth between the 2 to play their music.

Welp, I think that's it. Your package got to Harligen the day I left but no worries we have ZLC on thrusday so I'll get it then. 6 hour round trip drive on thursday.....who's excited? ME

Love you Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment